Friday, January 4, 2013

MIssed Quinn Press Conference

Today DuPage County Board Chairman Dan Cronin hosted a meeting with Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and state legislators of DuPage.  The purpose of the meeting was to discuss pension reform.

The media and County Board members were invited to attend a post-meeting debriefing.

This would have been an excellent opportunity to meet our legislators and to be reacquainted with the governor, who I met many years ago.

Unfortunately the county board members were notified via an email press release sent last evening at 5:14 p.m.  A revised email was sent this morning at 7:56 a.m. notifying of the correct time of 11:00 a.m.

I am very good about checking emails.  I check my DuPage County email several times each day.
This morning when I went to use my personal home computer there was no internet connection, that almost never happens, but today it did.  I normally check my DuPage County emails from my private sector job, however today we had plans to clean out our 2012 files and make room for the 2013 files.
Most of the day was spent in the warehouse, that almost never happens.  I was gone from my desk most  of the day and therefore did not check my county email.

Today at 10:45 I received a phone call from Barb at DuPage County, who  has been very helpful,  asking if I could attend the debriefing.  I explained that I was at my private sector job.  I was in the warehouse in an old sweatshirt, jeans and gym shoes and there was no way I could get home, change and attend the debriefing or lunch.  Plus, I was in the middle of a huge project.

So today I am slightly frustrated.  I wonder why there was no phone call made last night just to be sure we were aware of this important event.

 I will be sending a letter to Governor Pat Quinn apologizing for not attending the meeting and the reason why.

I have provided a link to the debriefing.  Enjoy!



Video Outline - DuPage County, Illinoisdupage.iqm2.com

No comments:

Post a Comment