Thursday, June 20, 2013

Public Transit and Liquor Commission News

As Chairman of the Public Transit Committee,  easing traffic congestion in DuPage is a priority.  One way to ease traffic would be to increase PACE Bus usage.  Below is a link to the story in the DailyHerald.


I'd be interested in hearing from you on the subject.  Please feel free to leave a comment.


Liquor Commission News

DuPage County Liquor Commission minutes and agendas are now available online.

In March I was contacted by an individual concerned that an agenda for the Liquor Commission meeting was missing.  There was no agenda on line and there was no agenda posted at the DuPage County campus.

I spoke with DuPage County staff to notify them that I believed this was a violation of the Open Meeting Act.  I was referred to the DuPage States Attorney Office.  After a long discussion with the States Attorney I was able to convenience them that in the interest of transparency and in the spirit of the Open Meeting Act that not only should the agendas for the Liquor Commission meetings be posted but minutes as well.

The minutes from the March 13, 32013 are now posted.  I was told agendas will be posted as well.

Although not earth shaking I am pleased that I was able to enact positive change.

Minutes posted here:  Liquor Commissioner

No comments:

Post a Comment