Friday, January 6, 2012

Dupage County Board Chairman and Board Members: Eliminate Pensions and Health Be... See More

DuPage County Friends, 
I just created a petition addressed to the DuPage County Board Chairman and Board Members: Eliminate Pensions and Health Benefits for Elected DuPage County Officials, because I care deeply about this very important issue.  
There are several reasons why I put this petition together.  First being that the County Board Chairman and Board Members positions are part-time and they do receive a very good salary.  The Chairman and Board Members just took away some of the county employees benefits in order to make them more in line with the private sector.  Most importantly is that the current Chairman and Board are considering consolidating certain government bodies  and services all in the name of saving tax dollars.  
I believe that asking the Chairman and the Board Members to put the question on the ballot for the General Election in November 2012 is a reasonable request.  Let the tax payer decide if we want to fund the pensions and benefits of part-time elected officials.
I'm trying to collect 250 signatures, and I could really use your help. 
To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:
It'll just take a minute! 
Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word! 
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment