Saturday, February 7, 2015

Vaccinations DuPage County

This morning I spoke before the DuPage County Board of Health about my concerns regarding the increase of parents that are not vaccinating their children.  I asked that the Health Department run public service announcements about the benefits vs the risks of vaccination. Today only two states do not allow parents to claim religious or philosophical exemptions; however, all states only allow for medical exemptions. I believe that DuPage County needs to be a leader on this issue and call for no religious or philosophical exemptions and add this to their Legislative Agenda.  I hope the DuPage County Board of Health would support such legislation.

On April 18, 2014, I had expressed similar concerns and you can read my comments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment